PDA

View Full Version : Dreamwaver question.

djart
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Hello, I am at an entry level od DW and I have one question about it. So I have follow problem: When I entry in my web page I go press a BIO buttom for instance, but when I am in the BIO directory I cannot press other buttom for instance I cannot press CONTACTS, I have to press on browser BACK and after I mean to be in the main page and after that I can to press CONTACTS, but while I'm in the BIO directory I cannot go to CONACTS directory how could I correct it ?
Thanks for separating time.
Best Regards.
Angel.

domedia
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Angel,
Are you talking about your website navigation?

d a v e
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
"Thanks for separating time."
you're welcome - we often get a bit quasi-quantum on this forum
you certainly need a fine filter... :)

djart
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes, Domedia, I am talking about the navigation :)
Dave what is this kind of filter :) ?
Regards.
Angel.

domedia
02-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Yes, Domedia, I am talking about the navigation :) Is this some kind of secret website? Unless you provide a URL, I just have to agree with your description ;)

djart
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
hehe, ok soon I am going to uploud it and then you will see what I mean. :) Thanks.

djart
02-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Here you are www.angelgruev.hit.bg that problem I mean.

Corrosive
02-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Here you are www.angelgruev.hit.bg that problem I mean.

Hi Angel...

OK, sorry but I am going to have to be quite tough here. Your pages are just images. It looks like you have added 'hotspots' to your links on the home page but none to your other pages...so they are not links. This is what is causing your first problem.

You main problem is the way you are building your site. You shouldn't just put an image on a page and call it a website. You need some actual HTML text in there. The reason being that Search Engines, such as Google, cannot read the text in images but only in HTML. A Search Engine will see your page as blank and you will never (or nearly never) show up in searches.

You'll need to learn to build a website correctly with HTML and CSS.

Sorry :(

djart
02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
The main aim in this website it's a pictures as you saw it. So I can't work with html or css they are a program language and my skills for them it's a so a few. I have made it by DreamWaver and the main page and other sub page I was made in PS as you saw too, but I don't know How can I edit some exact html code or something. Thanks for advise by you I really appreciate about the searching engine like a google as you wrote it. You are right, but I really want to thrive with my photography and I just keep going to pursuit that aim. In second stage after I have been made the page I will make it advertise. The design I have made it to be an
aesthetics and practicality and that is the main reasong to there are just pictures some kind of info and about me. Thanks a lot again. I will be happy to telling me something else, how to fix that problem and something else which maybe i don't know.
Best Regards.
Angel.

domedia
02-08-2009, 01:16 AM
The problem is not that you have images on your website, but how your website is constructed.

A Webpage is made up of text and images. You have only included images.
Dreamweaver is a code editor, but still only a tool. You should learn HTML and CSS, they are not programming languages.

The design of the site is beautiful and also the photography.