PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know how to include make new pages in cms

nanny
02-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi I can build a backend cms for my clients but want to know how they can build actual new pages and it becomes part of the menu and show what order they go in - parent - child links etc.

Has anybody done this or know of any tutorials?

Thanks guys

domedia
02-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Did you not want an existing CMS?
I have no idea how to make this, I just know it can take a couple of guys some time to do it together.

nanny
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi I would like to do it myself because most cms use javascript for error checking I only use php. I also don't want to show other brands in the making.

I think what I would have to do is create a mysql table for pages with name of, title, side, side2, content, footer etc.
Then echo it out to show all pages in side bar and link to detail to change it. Then have insert for a new page.
What I can't get my head around is how to have a toggle of page order in mysql.

Hope someone has ideas.

P.S. Had a quick look at silver stripe and typo3 but too much javascript and not sure how to add my own scripts that is why I am not using a framework. I learn better by doing things my way, not having to learn somebody else's way - though I love getting ideas and thoughts and improvements from other e.g. davidj has helped me immensely along the way.

edbr
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
What I can't get my head around is how to have a toggle of page order in mysql.
I probably didnt get this but wouldnt you get this better with PHP . order by
.....ORDER by $d, $d being the field name to order by,

nanny
02-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah thanks I was thinking along those lines but how to let the end user change the order - I have seen ajax used to toggle and update the database but as I am not good with javascript or ajax I will have to take the time I don't have in learning a new craft.
Still teaching myself photoshop and that is a neverending inspiring task to endure.

Any ideas on toggle?

edbr
02-05-2009, 02:24 AM
toggle meaning giving the viewer choice of order?
if you have if/else or switch statements a form action $_self, you could have if($_gET{'blah '}==1......) {$d=???....} if you get my thinking

nanny
02-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks but what I think I will do is have a id box beside each one with the id number in it and to edit they can change the number. I don't have a clue about javascript and toggle then allowing to update the database - yes I know how to do the switch statement and maybe give that a try first.