PDA

View Full Version : Edit LINK colors VS CSS

DuckManDave
02-03-2009, 01:47 AM
http://www.razorlabs.ca/ourdogs.html

Hi Guys...:wink:

I want to change the link colors on this page... can I change JUST the links I want... like where it says EIC CLEAR and leave PEDIGREE or will ALL the links change?
And how do I get that friggin underline off?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

edbr
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM
chech the link in mt signature it gives you examples . text-decoration:none; will lose the underline

DuckManDave
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Hmmmm OK I checked out your different links style etc.... BUT (and remember I am new to all this) how do I add it to my CSS or how do I make a new rule and apply it... I am trying it but it changes the color from default to black on ALL the links on that page.

Can I make the "EIC CLEAR" link a different color than the "PEDIGREE" link or is that too much?
Thanks for the help...
Dave

coloeagle
02-03-2009, 02:31 AM
You would need to create a specific link style and then apply this style to the desired links.

DuckManDave
02-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Nasty.. I checked out your examples in Multiple Link Styles
I cant get rid of the underline, they ALL say text decoation NONE ... I have it so ONE link is lime green but cant seem to change the rest... and I thought CSS was supposed be easy/HELP! :P

If you don't mind let me know if you see anything glaring\wrong
http://www.razorlabs.ca/testourdogs.html

Thanks in advance

edbr
02-03-2009, 04:55 AM
on you page in the haed in styles you have
a:visited {
text-decoration: underline;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
text-decoration: underline;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
}

this is giving you a default linking style where you havent a ssigned a class delete the duplicate and change to suit

Corrosive
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
and I thought CSS was supposed be easy/HELP!

Not so easy to get your head around but much easier to update your website with changes when you are done. I also find it easier to tackle cross-browser differences with CSS...Don't think anyone said it was easy to learn. Takes a bit of time I'm afraid :wink:

domedia
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
and I thought CSS was supposed be easy/HELP! :P Once you understand it it it's easy :)
You don't understand CSS yet :-/

Ricky55
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
CSS is the easiest thing to learn with regards to Web Design. Hard to master like most things, one of the hardest things is the browser bugs.