PDA

View Full Version : Swf file dissapears when navigating site

prcole18
02-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi all. Ok I have built a website using Dreamweaver CS3. Made a template.dwt file and have created my html pages from that.

Now, when I go to each seperate page in Dreamweaver and preview in a browser everything is fine, every page shows everything (including flash) I have made in the template etc, however when I have a page previewed in a browser, if I then click a "link" to go to another page of my site my flash (swf file) disapears!

The flash file was put in my template like other items, updated pages etc everything is fine excpet the flash disapears when I navigate my site via the links.:confused:

Any help really appreciated!
Thank you

(The site is not on line yet.)
P.S I'm no expert on html apart from a bit of editing so if I need to recode or anything could I have it in idiot format thanks!.

Rob_Che
02-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Are all your pages (including your master .dwt in the same folder ? Sounds like a routing issue (not as painful as it sounds :))

(welcome)

prcole18
02-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Ah......, no, my template .dwt file is in a folder named templates (where Dreamweaver puts it). my Swf file is in another folder. My html pages are just in the root folder.

So I take it I should take the template from the template folder and put it in the root folder?

Rob_Che
02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Not necessarily, just ensure that the path to the .swf is correct. I tmay work for the template page but not others as it has a different route. Just a thought though... It's difficult without seeing the files.

RC

Corrosive
02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
So I take it I should take the template from the template folder and put it in the root folder?

NOOOOOO! Don't do this...your template won't work any more.

Rob_Che
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
NOOOOOO! Don't do this...your template won't work any more.
I was going to rattle your cage to help out on this one...
Considering I've never used templates :roll:

Corrosive
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I was going to rattle your cage to help out on this one...
Considering I've never used templates :roll:

Yes, but I have no flash experience :( I think the member's code or a URL might be good.

edbr
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
to be sure add a copy of the file in your root folder , if it works then it has to be your path , which im sure it is

Rob_Che
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes, but I have no flash experience :( I think the member's code or a URL might be good.
As Ed says, it's probably a path problem so same rules as images I guess...

prcole18
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
to be sure add a copy of the file in your root folder , if it works then it has to be your path , which im sure it is

Ok, I have taken the swf file from the folder it is in & placed it in the root folder, then inserted it in my template via the root folder, updated all the pages & it still wont play when I navigte my site via the menu bar.

As I say it plays fine in each page when previeing each page, but start navigating the site via the links & its gone

depilator
02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
You've missed AC_RunActiveContent.js file which is required by the published HTML file to avoid the ActiveX problem. Upload this file to your server in the same folder as that of the HTML file for this to work the right way.

prcole18
02-07-2009, 01:04 PM
You've missed AC_RunActiveContent.js file which is required by the published HTML file to avoid the ActiveX problem. Upload this file to your server in the same folder as that of the HTML file for this to work the right way.

Ok, thanks. I craeted the swf file in swish max 2 and just exported it to a swf file and put it in my website. I obviously need to do something else to create the AC_RunActiveContent.js file.