PDA

View Full Version : SEO Question

urbanrays
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi

I have a SEO question that someone may be able to help with.

I put the search terms tanning in derby into goolge on ie7, it comes up on page 4, I do the same search on FF it appears on page 8, if I do this in chrome it does not appear tll I think page 12.

And this morning when I tried the site was at no1 in google "ie7" but it has dropped back down three hours later.

Thanks for any help

Corrosive
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi

I have a SEO question that someone may be able to help with.

I put the search terms tanning in derby into goolge on ie7, it comes up on page 4, I do the same search on FF it appears on page 8, if I do this in chrome it does not appear tll I think page 12.

And this morning when I tried the site was at no1 in google "ie7" but it has dropped back down three hours later.

Thanks for any help

You'll go mental even trying to think about it. Trust me, Google watching is the path to insanity. Do everything you can to maximise your SEO potential and then forget about it.

urbanrays
02-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Cheers toby, just 1 more thing mate, I have sitemaop xml in place I did put robot.txt up to index and follow all links the trouble is when I verified the site google couldnt read the pages I told it to index and links i told to follow,it said I had 15 404's

Corrosive
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Cheers toby, just 1 more thing mate, I have sitemaop xml in place I did put robot.txt up to index and follow all links the trouble is when I verified the site google couldnt read the pages I told it to index and links i told to follow,it said I had 15 404's

Have you got all your links pointing to pages now?

urbanrays
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
yes mate all links are pointing to pages no dead links either. while I am on the subject, going back to the first fault I have adwords running and again it shows up on ie7 but no adwords on ff or chrome, this is pants. especially when I am paying to be there.

Oh one final thought, do you think eskimos crap a brick and the country shuts down when its sunny...

domedia
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I did put robot.txt up to index and follow all links This is default. This is the same as having no robot.txt at all. Only include it if you need to constraint access to some files.

Corrosive
02-02-2009, 10:19 PM
yes mate all links are pointing to pages no dead links either. while I am on the subject, going back to the first fault I have adwords running and again it shows up on ie7 but no adwords on ff or chrome, this is pants. especially when I am paying to be there.

As far as I understand adwords you only pay if you get click-through. If it's not showing, you're not paying. You might want to up your bids of you want to appear more.

Oh one final thought, do you think eskimos crap a brick and the country shuts down when its sunny...

I wouldn't have thought so :wink:

urbanrays
02-03-2009, 12:00 AM
As far as I understand adwords you only pay if you get click-through. If it's not showing, you're not paying. You might want to up your bids of you want to appear more.

I fully understand this but it seems strange my adds appear in ie7 but not in ff or chrome.

I always thought google was google no matter what browser you are using.