PDA

View Full Version : Can't paste photos into DW CS3

lochness
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi, I'm doing tutorials with Lynda.com - I've gone through the essentials of CS3 and am onto Beyond the Basics and I'm stuck. I'm having problems with roundtrip editing.
I'm on a mac and I'm trying to copy a merged photo from Photoshop into Dreamweaver and the paste options are greyed out. I opened the photo using the PS icon. I haven't moved any of the source files.
Dreamweaver also isn't updating photos when I modify them inbetween working in DW and working in PS.
I can't move ahead in my tutorials till I can figure out this important feature.
Any help is much appreciated - hope I've haven't worded it to be too confusing!

Ricky55
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Which paste options in Dreamweaver?

You insert an image in DW by clicking the insert image button not by just pasting.

The Photoshop button in DW is to allow you to makes edits to the original file and then the optimised version of supposed to all update.

Never really use this feature myself as I just don't work like that.

lochness
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Just good old Paste. I spose I should reword it. I originally dragged a psd photo in - Photoshop opened and I converted it to a jpg. All that works just fine, but if I open the photo via Dreamweaver and edit the photo it won't let me paste the edited version.

JDesigns
02-03-2009, 12:34 AM
The merged photo you are trying to use, is it a .psd file? If so you need to save it as a jpeg or other.

Cary
02-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Is "Beyond the Basics" for CS3 or CS4 (http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1592v1752)? Did you first use copy in PS?

Ricky55
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
might be better going back to basics not beyong them...

Creativ_Mind
02-04-2009, 04:11 AM
what i learned was to use the marquee tool in photoshop around the area you want to copy. go to edit, then copy merged. then paste it into dreamweaver. did you try that?;-)

lochness
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes, thanks - I have tried the copy merged technique and that's precisely what isn't working for me.