PDA

View Full Version : FTP error

mraquinn
01-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I upgraded my hosting at Streamline.net and can now no longer connect from Dreamweaver as I get the following error:

"An FTP error has occurred - cannot make connection to the host."

Then follow a load of suggestions which don't fix the problem.

I've read a few posts about this being a problem with the ssh_hosts file having the old key in it which now doesn't work with my new package.

Problem is, I don't seem to have an ssh_hosts file anywhere!!!

Can anyone help?:confused:

Thanks

Ricky55
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I have tried connecting with a separate FTP program rather than Dreamweaver? there are loads of free ones about.

Have you tried using the IP address rather than the ftp.domain.com this shouldn't be the problem but it is with Macs and its worth trying. You can get the IP address using this site

http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.cgi

Also when did you purchase your new hosting? sometimes there can be a delay before the hosting is set up properly.

If you try all these and still can't connect I would have a word with your host.

domedia
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I upgraded my hosting at Streamline.net and can now no longer connect from Dreamweaver as I get the following error: With the popularity of Dreamweaver, it is possible that the hosting company's support staff have a fix for this.

mraquinn
01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have tried using the IP address but still get the same error. I'm pretty sure it's not the FTP settings themselves, but I'll see what the hosting provider has to say.

walkamongus
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
i would first re-enter all of the site definition info, secondly make sure your not running a program like little snitch that is blocking you from connecting, and thirdly contact your host 8)