PDA

View Full Version : How do I put a petition on a web site ??

K.Simmonds
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I do a website for a friend. He has asked me to put a petition on his site .... but I'm not sure how. He wants people to add their names to a list. I'm thinking along the lines of "forms" but I'd be grateful fo any help. Does anyone know of any tutorials perhaps ???

edbr
01-31-2009, 01:43 AM
you could do this with a form and a database to collect the submissions. the DW wizard would be capable of doing this so check its help even has a
tutorial (or did, i imagine still does)
does the site support php?

K.Simmonds
01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I think I've sussed out now, how to create the form, but here's what may sound like a real stooopid question. When the reader clicks "submit" ...... where does it go ? Do I allocate an email address or something ? and if so, how ?

edbr
02-02-2009, 01:45 AM
depends on how yu want to use the detai.s from the form . if you want it sent then you wl have to set the action to a mail handling script, f youwat to add them to a database you will need a script to addd info to a database , which do you want?

WallyJ
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
It doesn't sound like your client wants it emailed anywhere necessarily, but the basic function should put a list of the names in the db on the web page, with a form at the top or bottom to put another name in it. Then simply have the form script go back to that same page, which will refresh the page, adding the newly entered name to the list.

You could have the script also email the client each time a new "signer" adds their name to the list/petition