PDA

View Full Version : using the same div tag twice?

TheWebDesignRook
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Howdy Folks

I've decided to upload my resume online and have read that "css" is the best way to go about doing so, since I need to use a lot of indentations and spacing that are either difficult or impossible in html.

I decided to keep it as simple as possible, and set my page up like this

div id=wrapper
div id=resume
div id=title
div id=subtitle
div id=examples

each div has a different font size and padding. This describes one particular job, and i'd like to list three, each job with the same format.

When I attempted to make the same tree(minus the wrapper and resume tags) again, to list another job, the divs lost their styling.

I thought the general idea behind css was that you can use a single style to style multiple objects?

What I mean is, say I had a stlye for <h1>. every time I typed something in a <h1> tag, it would have that style. Is there a way to do this with div tags or do I need to just make a brand new div tree.

Thank ya
-Joey

d a v e
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
use a class not an id for the div. id's should be unique for each page

Corrosive
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Howdy Folks

I've decided to upload my resume online and have read that "css" is the best way to go about doing so, since I need to use a lot of indentations and spacing that are either difficult or impossible in html.

I decided to keep it as simple as possible, and set my page up like this

div id=wrapper
div id=resume
div id=title
div id=subtitle
div id=examples

each div has a different font size and padding. This describes one particular job, and i'd like to list three, each job with the same format.

When I attempted to make the same tree(minus the wrapper and resume tags) again, to list another job, the divs lost their styling.

I thought the general idea behind css was that you can use a single style to style multiple objects?

What I mean is, say I had a stlye for <h1>. every time I typed something in a <h1> tag, it would have that style. Is there a way to do this with div tags or do I need to just make a brand new div tree.

Thank ya
-Joey

Simple Resume if you want it...

http://www.corrosiveonline.co.uk/_projects/templates/simple_resume/simple-resume.htm

Something I did a while ago.