PDA

View Full Version : .ste file problem

chanson
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I think I just did something that was not too bright. I finished my new site in Dreamweaver CS4 and wanted to rename it and move it to another directory on my hard drive. I went to Site >> Manage Sites >> clicked on my site and then clicked edit, then renamed my site. Now I have a new site that is empty and my old site no longer is listed in the Manage Sites box and there is no .ste file in the files window for my just finished site. All of my pages and images and such are there but no site file. http://www.lunarforums.com/Smileys/default/crying.gif Can anyone advise me on a remedy? I'm just learning to use Dreamweaver. - Charyl

http://www.lunarforums.com/Themes/dilbermc/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

Ricky55
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes, just go to your site management panel select the site and click edit and then just point the root folder the folder that contains your website and the image folder to the folder with your images that will reside in the main site root folder.

chanson
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Thank You, Ricky! Things are mostly working again. The big thing so far that is not working is the "Live View." When I choose "Live View" My spry menu links become visible on mouse over, but the the links are not working when clicked. It does however, work in "Preview in Browser."

Thank you for your time. I've had a most anxious morning.

Yes, just go to your site management panel select the site and click edit and then just point the root folder the folder that contains your website and the image folder to the folder with your images that will reside in the main site root folder.

Ricky55
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah don't worry too much about Live View mate, its only supposed to give you an idea and your links wouldn't work as at that stage the page is still isolated in Dreamweaver. So its working as it should be.

Always rely on the browser, and if you are using a PC, download a copy of Mozilla Firefox so you can test on that as well as Internet Explorer.