PDA

View Full Version : Developer Toolbox question...

TAViX
01-27-2009, 02:16 AM
So here's my problem.
I have created using the Developer Toolbox a dynamic list, but because i have a lot of records in the database, the list just spread horizontaly toooo loooong.... My question is, how do I do to optimize a little the dynamic list?? I was thinking of using some Spry Collapsible Panel, but they don't work with developer toolbox, and also cannot make them verticaly...:(

So what should I do??? I'm a rookye in this matter...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

davidj
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
do you have a link to the page so i can see what you mean

TAViX
01-28-2009, 05:38 AM
do you have a link to the page so i can see what you mean

I don't have a link since I'm working localy, but here, I took a screen shot to see what is all about:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5050/screencapbm3.jpg

As you can see, the list is looooong, made with Developer Tools. So how do I insert some collapsible pannels, for example to group some of the colums, in order to fit on an 1280x1024 resolution...( I need 4 panels at least..)

Thanks a lot.

WallyJ
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
As I understand it, the dynamic list only functions horizontally. And if you want to display 100 fields worth of data, you're not going to fit it on one screen.

I have created apps using the dynamic list feature, showing only essential fields and then changing the code for the primary field to link to a detail record page, showing all the info I want to see. That way you can see the dynamic list enough to find what you need and then click on the particular record to open a detail page to see everything.

WallyJ

davidj
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
or what about sticking the data table in a div which scrolls horizontally and hide the overflow

davidj
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
another option is to hide some of the columns using Javascript and add a toggle button which toggles the columns on and off

i have done this using a 5 way toggle which polls 5 groups of 5 columns with only one set visible at any time

TAViX
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Guys, thanks for the replays. I have tried Davidj option with Javascript to hide the colums, but I didn't have any success. I mean I've created a 'hide/show' button but it's displayed on any row, hides only the data and not the table header, and also the data it's no loger in coloms, but scrambled.

Like I said, I'm not a web programmer, usualy I resume myself on automatic scripts and copy/paste code... :oops: :oops: :D

or what about sticking the data table in a div which scrolls horizontally and hide the overflow

Sounds interesting. Can you ofeer me some more details pls! tnks

I have created apps using the dynamic list feature, showing only essential fields and then changing the code for the primary field to link to a detail record page, showing all the info I want to see. That way you can see the dynamic list enough to find what you need and then click on the particular record to open a detail page to see everything.

WallyJ

Actualy this is the advanced details link page, hehe... :D

davidj
01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
but I didn't have any success. I mean I've created a 'hide/show' button but it's displayed on any row, hides only the data and not the table header, and also the data it's no loger in coloms, but scrambled.

I admit the one i wrote was a mind explosion. I even got nose bleeds through concentration.

TAViX

let me write a couple of examples so you can hack away at them.
I can do this tomorrow (Friday)

NO MORE PASTING CODE!

its the LAW!

TAViX
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
tnks :rolleyes: