PDA

View Full Version : Exporting button templates from Flash to use in Dreamweaver

Andymoses
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi all,
<newbie>
I've created a button in Flash and want to turn it into a template so I can insert it as a flash button in Dreamweaver.
I've created the 4 frames for the button states in the symbol editor mode, pressed the backspace arrow to close the symbol editor mode. I then drag the button from the library onto the stage and test it and it all works fine. Then I save it as a .fla file. How do I save/export it as a .swt file so I can put it in the flash button folder in dreamweaver? </newbie>

Edit:
I've saved it as an .swt file in the flash button folder which brings it up in the insert button dialogue box, but the image is blank.

Ricky55
01-26-2009, 12:30 AM
I think you mean swf file.

When you save any fla file as soon as you test the movie it will automatically create an swf file.

These can then just be embedded into an HTML document in Dreamweaver just make sure that your stage size is the size of the button in flash though.

You don't really need to add it as a Dreamweaver flash button but I think you can if you save the swf file in same folder that dreamweaver uses to save its flash buttons.

Never done this though, I just embed them using insert media flash.

Just one other thing to note, make sure that your button even requires flash. We see a lot of beginners using flash buttons when they could have done things without it.

Andymoses
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
No, the files in adobe\adobe dreamweaver cs3\configuration\flash objects\flash buttons are .swt, which are template files.
I can put the button in using the swf file, but I want to use a template so i dont have to create each individual button.

Ricky55
01-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry mate I see what you mean.

Not sure how to create a swt have you tried just renaming from swf to swt?

Andymoses
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
So does anyone know how to create a .swt file?

domedia
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
So does anyone know how to create a .swt file?

Check this article out. I don't know SWT files but this ones seems alright:
http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/assets/flashbutton/flashbutton04.html

Ricky55
01-31-2009, 12:14 AM
why bother anyway, just embed as a swf.