PDA

View Full Version : 2 seconds idiot

Wolfskin75
01-24-2009, 11:19 PM
this is my first time playing around with DW. 2 seconds into it and I have created a HUGE mess. I CReated my first site on the desktop... but.. I have included all the files on my desktop as resources for my site. In a attempt to correct this problem... long story short.. I deleted my desktop files... YAY for me. what do I do now. I am going to recover them.. but... how do I start all over again fresh? HELP. and then I will ask other questions.

got it. thanks.

domedia
01-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Start with the manual (!) :) This is mandatory to do before asking questions. Asking here is not an excuse for not reading the documentation.

Dreamweaver deals with sites in a special way. Set up a directory for your site and start with defining the site in DW (in the 'site definition' area).

dreamweaverntn
01-25-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd recommend you going to youtube and search for some tuts on there. There are some great ones by a chic named Michelle and some by a wide world of web design.
I'm used to using tables and am learning css now.
You'll be doing yourself a favor by getting a cup of coffee, no... a pot of coffee and watching some tuts first.
I bought a book, Mastering CSS and Dreamweaver and have read parts, not all of it. I told my wife "Great..now I know...what I didn't know".
I still don't know. :roll:
Good luck

Wolfskin75
01-25-2009, 03:59 AM
I actually did by a book ... but it is more a reference tool it seems like. I have got youtube up now and cracking into the tuts.. (LOL... childish I know, I just love saying that word). Thank you for your pointers.

domedia
01-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Be sure to come back Wolfskin, we've all been there.