PDA

View Full Version : Browsing for the template help please.

dreamweaverntn
01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm leaning to use templates now. Very good. Much easier than "save as". (stop laughin at the noob, puleez)
I have about 10 sites defined.
I save this template to my site I want. Very careful to do that.
Then..
new page from template...all is good.
Ok, so I make changes to the existing template, create an editable region for instance.
And, then I want to apply that to the other pages that I have made from it.
Modify, templates, apply temp to page.
And only one site shows up from the drop down. And I can't browse to find it as the browse button is inactive.
And, it's not the site I am working out of or the site that it was saved in. I look in explorer and see the new .dwt saved in the correct folder.
I looked thru preferences and couldn't find a default option.
Thoughts?

dreamweaverntn
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
ERRR..ok..I'll answer this here so that some other idiot may learn from me.

Although I was working out of the right site as in local folder, I needed to select the right site from the Site menu on the top toolbar.
:oops:

domedia
01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I think we've all been there. If not exactly like that, at least very close :)

dreamweaverntn
01-25-2009, 01:08 AM
I just got the templates figured out and working. OMG...how MUCH EASIER IS THAT???
I feel like such a doofus for not doing that before.
I'd "save as" a page, make changes, upload. Then if a link changed, I'd have to go back and redo ALL of the pages.
All of the corrections are made on the .dwt and then Dreamweaver changes all of the associated pages!
Jeez...reckon what else I'm making harder than it should be..:roll:

Corrosive
01-25-2009, 07:18 AM
I just got the templates figured out and working. OMG...how MUCH EASIER IS THAT???
I feel like such a doofus for not doing that before.
I'd "save as" a page, make changes, upload. Then if a link changed, I'd have to go back and redo ALL of the pages.
All of the corrections are made on the .dwt and then Dreamweaver changes all of the associated pages!

Welcome to templates. They do make life easier for small sites.

domedia
01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
This was one the first good things DW put into their software *years* ago... maybe DW3.. anyone remember which version? :)