PDA

View Full Version : HTML Form

africano
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi, Im trying to make a form, where users can fill in their details and submit the form. This form will then be sent to the NGOs email adress and they can then know that the user wants to become a member.

So...Do I make a form in html and can I then use POMMO(email client) or how do I go about doing this?

Ive never made a html form...can someone give me some advice or does there exist any templates I can work on?

Cheers.
Im in the process of building a simple Wordpress Blog(website) for a small ngo, they currently have no web presence and I think this online membership registration would be a good asset for them.

urbanrays
01-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi

I found this a very good starting point for forms it creates the form in html not php its just the mailer that is php and already set up and whats more it does work unlike many forms out there

Hope this helps

http://dreamweaverspot.com/adobe-dreamweaver-tutorial-contact-forms/

africano
01-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Cheers for the link and the advice! Ill have a go and see if I can use it.

Has anybody used Pommo and can I use it in my case?

edbr
01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
yes i use pommo. first making a form is a very basic thing to do and easy to learn especially with dreamweaver.
as to Pommo The newsletters I send I make in DW but make sure that you use inline styling , then when creating a mailing i copy the source code and paste into the pommo editor (wysiwyg disabled).

africano
01-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks edbr, Ive been playing with Pommo and my objective is to make a Subscription form. I can manage to do that in Pommo....but I dont see where I can specify where the form goes once the user fills it in and hits submit?
I want the user to fill in the form and when they submit it I want the form to be sent to my email address....I cant find where I can specify this option..

Thanks for you kind help:grin:

WallyJ
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
The script that controls the contact form will tell what page to go to next. Until you understand the syntax it is not as simple as just saying where it goes.

However, you may want to try a script wizard site like:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/wizards/feedbackform.shtml

There you can put in the email address you want to use and the page you want it to go to and it will create the code for you. It's a way to see code in action and get the results you're looking for.

WallyJ

africano
01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi, thanks for the link, Ill have a look..but first Id like to try and get it to work with Pommo:

Here is the code Ive got....generated by Pommo, for my form:
<!-- Set "ACTION" to the URL of poMMo's process.php
process.php located in the "user" directory of your poMMo installation.
** poMMo attempted to detect this location, and it may not need to be changed. ** -->

<form method="post" action="http://www.elchevirtual.com/mail/user/process.php" name="signup">
<fieldset>
<legend>Subscribe</legend>

<!-- Email field must be named "Email" -->
<div>
<label for="email"><strong>Your Email:</strong></label>
<input type="text" name="Email" id="email" maxlength="60" />
</div>

<!-- BEGIN INPUT FOR REQUIRED FIELD "nombre" -->
<div>
<label for="field1"><strong>Nombre:</strong></label>

<input type="text" name="d[1]" id="field1" maxlength="60" />
</div>

</fieldset>

<div id="buttons">

<!-- *** DO NOT CHANGE name="pommo_signup" ! ***
If you'd like to change the button text change the "value=" text. -->

<input type="hidden" name="pommo_signup" value="true" />
<input type="submit" value="Subscribe" />

</div>

</form>

It works but it doesnt....I dont receive any notification when a user trys to subscribe. This option is set as Ive done it in the settings but its not working, where in the code can I see if this is set?

The problems are basically that when I subscribe(as a test) I as the admin dont get any notification theres been a subscription and the user(in my test=me) doesnt receive an email for confirmation.