PDA

View Full Version : Missing images

jewlz
01-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Hello, I am designing a website and I have come across a problem that is boggling my brain. The website images works perfectly fine in FireFox and Safari. However, in IE, some images are missing. I am not too worried about the layout as I can fix this later.

Can someone please take a look and help me?

website is www.littlerangoon.com

thank you. you have permission to view source ;-)

edbr
01-19-2009, 05:03 AM
what are the missing images, it was slow to download and i have terrible internet speed today.
it will be a problem with paths i would think, check that , check the naming of images
i saw you are using body background it might be better background-image(url() im not sure how IE treats this

Cary
01-19-2009, 07:20 AM
On about line 8 there is a "reply-to" meta tag. You forgot the closing quote for the email address. See if adding that makes a difference. Also, make sure you don't use any ID's with spaces in them. Around line 63 you have id="About Us".

d a v e
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
at least one of those images appetizers.jpg is CMYK AND 726 kb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
remember all your images need to be RGB and you images are HUUGE! (you must have saved all the application meta data with the jpeg to get it to that size!!!

if you're saving from photoshop or wherever then export them/save for web as rgb (it doen't matter about the dpi) and you can use gifs for virtually all those images except photos and possibly the logo, though as the logo doesn't have many gradients and as simple drop shadow then you could use gif for that too.
your background image which is 740kb would be around 6kb as a gif!!!

remember to use jpegs for photographic images and images with complex gradients/thousands of colours.

if you need any help optimising then just post back here with the software you're using and any questions.

remember to go back to your original files and export/save as from those (not the jpegs you have on the site)

there shouldn't be any image on there over about 25kb, including the photo of the lady! ;)

jewlz
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM
omg i cant believe i didnt change them to RGB. *smacks head*

How can I change it to less then 25kb without it getting pixelated? i tried on the lady and she either got really small or really pixelated.

also yes, backgroudn and border or the frame and my appetizers links are missing images. but if i made them that huge and cMYK... GRRR! gosh- never create a website in rush rush. seriously. hehehe

domedia
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
1. file->save for web
2. Choose GIF for graphics with lots of solid colors. Use JPG's for photos. Photos can be taken down to 50% JPG quality without much decrease in quality.