PDA

View Full Version : Please help me build my pages???

belikeyeshua
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello,

Our website is http://www.thegospelofthekingdom.net. I have been using a trial version of Dreamweaver 10 to build the site and things are coming along nicelybut I think I am making a mistake with the way that I am building the pages...

That is, I have the main links from the index.html page in the main folder, then I have a folder called pages, then another and another and another. i.e. You would go to /pages/musicians/jerry.html to get to my Jerry Gadwa's (my dads) music page. If I had everything in the main folder, I think things would be too confusing and hard to work with and all... So, I need to do do something about this. Any Thoughts?

edbr
01-17-2009, 12:25 AM
you only need folder (generally) to organise the site for your purposes. i would not sat (guessing without seeing your site) that you need a folder named Pages . rough suggestion index and general pages in root folder, if you have a lot of musicians, by all means keep in separate folder its your choice. your pages will be reached by links on your pages not by people typing the url