PDA

View Full Version : New to dreamweaver Question?

ShoobieToko
01-16-2009, 12:40 PM
How can I add a search engine bar at the top along with a navigation screen at the top of my website? :confused: I'm a Noob, sorry. But any help would be great :mrgreen:

Corrosive
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
How can I add a search engine bar at the top along with a navigation screen at the top of my website? :confused: I'm a Noob, sorry. But any help would be great :mrgreen:

Probably the easiest way is to add a Google Search box to your site. Proper 'Plug n Play' job. Have a look here...

http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

Not sure what you mean by navigation screen though.

ShoobieToko
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm trying to get the search engine to search only objects on my site, is this possible?

ShoobieToko
01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Nevermind that's pretty much what I was looking for, Thanks Mate.

Corrosive
01-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm trying to get the search engine to search only objects on my site, is this possible?

Yes, you can ask the Google Search to search your site only with an option users can click to search the whole web if they wish. One small drawback with this approach is that you have to wait for Google to index your pages. If you want to build your own search facility you are looking at something pretty complicated...might be a step too far at the moment.

I use Google Search on my personal site Corrosive Online. See the link in my signature.

Corrosive
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Nevermind that's pretty much what I was looking for, Thanks Mate.

No problem & welcome to the forum btw.