PDA

View Full Version : Help placing text over image

Spud
01-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a small image and I am trying to put text over it.
Any suggestions.
Also when I make the cube in Photoshop and place in Dreamweaver I get a white box around the image. I do have it saved with a clear bkg. in PS.
Any suggestions there.
Thanks inadvance.

coloeagle
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm not a graphics person :( just for more info.

Are you trying to place the text on the image as part of the image or are you wanting to place text over the image in the web page?

Spud
01-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I have placed the jpeg image onto the web page and trying to get text to go from the left side over image and continue on the right side of image. So text will begin before image on left and continue over the image then continue past the right side of image.

coloeagle
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
You will need to set the image as a background for the web page/div/table. Can you give us a url to what you have now or post your code. If you post code be sure and wrap it inside the code tag(the # symbol in the tools for the post)

Spud
01-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I already have a bkg image that covers the whole background. Can I add another? In FrontPage it allows me to select the image and position as absolute any where on the page. Then I can put it behind the text. Also in FP I can remove the white box around the image that comes in during th eplacement. I am finding that in DW you have fewer options to moving placed images.

coloeagle
01-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes you can, Just create another div using the image as a background.

Warning, if you are going to use absolute positioning be sure and check the page in different browsers.

Spud
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Guess I need to go watch a tutorial on how to do a div. With div will it not come in with the white background?

coloeagle
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
No, a div by default has no styling.

Almost forgot, Welcome to the forum

Spud
01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I am off to you tube to find a tutorial. Where would you send a person to go for tutorials?

coloeagle
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I would start with checking the tutorials here, search the forum, my site (cheap plug) or the w3c schools at http://www.w3schools.com/

Spud
01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Will go check out these for tutorials.
Thanks. Will talk to you later.

Spud
01-14-2009, 11:19 PM
It worked! Thank you for suggesting div. I owe you one if I ever get back down to CO.

Spud
01-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Figured it out.
Can not save a photoshop image as jpeg and import into Dreamweaver with out getting the white box around the image. In my case the black cube. Here is what I found out over the past 4 days.

Have your image cut out on a clear background in Photoshop.
File - save for web and devices.

In the right hand control box have the png-24 selected and save.

Open Dreamweaver and apply image and it will come in with no white box around image. Then if you want ot palce it absolute drop in a spry box and then copy image in to it. Now you can have tect in front or behind the image.

Thanks all for your help on this.:-D