PDA

View Full Version : SFTP not Working in Dreamweaver CS3

denzlite
01-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello - I have a problem:
1. I can access the server folder using free SFTP transfer product so I know my credentials are in line.
1a. I have successfully uploaded and downloaded to this folder using WinSCP.
2. I asked my server admin to change the ssh settings in the etc folder on the server according to dreamweaver support article
3. My server admin have me complete ownership of the folder I'm trying to access.

Dreamweaver is still giving me a "folder may not exist" / "permission problem" error message when trying to use it to SFTP.

I did recently upgrade my Symantec AntiVIRUS. Do I need to set something to allow DW access?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

domedia
01-15-2009, 05:16 AM
What is the actual error message?

denzlite
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
An FTP error occurred - cannot open remote folder jason/.
Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.Like I said - WinSCP can hit it just fine. Admin made me the owner with all associated privelages. Deleted DW config folder and let it regen. Had admin set SSH properly - but I mean it's probably that right - something to do with this SSh thing? It is a new server. DW is an exception in my windows firewall.

denzlite
01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
you know - when i use PUTTy to login for first time it gives me warning saying that the server's host key is not cached in the registry...

does DW do this too? is it possible that this "host key" might be the problem?

denzlite
01-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Ok this is weird, but when I set just the FTP host and leave the host directory clear DW says it works - but then will only let me choose one folder in remote view: "Jason".

Also using WinSCP, when I login to main server - it takes me to this same folder although I can read and write from other folders on the same level. I'm thinking this must have something to do with permissions set by my server admin. It seems as though my admin has set some kind of auto thing that says when I login take me to my folder on the server in www by that conflicts somehow with DW site manager...

lkerr
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm new at Dreamweaver CS3 ! Like it, but now I'm having second thoughts. Can anyone help with this message?

index.htm - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.htm. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.