PDA

View Full Version : Bullet list too far into text

dubaco
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi
Is there a way of controlling the css for the distance a list with bullets starts from the left hand edge of the body of the text?
I seem to get the bullet starting about 50px in at the moment and as the column is quite narrow, it pushes the items too far to the right and wastes space on the left.
Many thanks in advance
D

dubaco
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't believe it, just had a brainwave and tried a negative value in the "text indent" in "block" and each top line moved to the left.
Only problem now is that the wordwraped secondline is still in the same indented position as before so they are out of alignment, is there a cure for this by any chance?
D

Corrosive
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't believe it, just had a brainwave and tried a negative value in the "text indent" in "block" and each top line moved to the left.
Only problem now is that the wordwraped secondline is still in the same indented position as before so they are out of alignment, is there a cure for this by any chance?
D

Lists have default css styles when a browser renders them. Most annoying is the auto margin and padding. put ul {padding: 0; margin: 0;} in your style sheet to 'reset' this auto style.