PDA

View Full Version : connecting to wireless network

africano
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi, Ive just bought a belkin usb to connect to my sisters house network. Ive installed the software and have the usb in, it appears to connect to the router as there is a green line from my pc to the router BUT from the router to the internet there is a red line....so can someone help me out?

africano
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
this is driving me crazy: Ive got a Belking usb to get the wifi signal....Ive now ignored the belkin software and win xp has configured it for me automatically and its working.
Any ideas how I can get the Belkin software to configure for me and get it working? Is not using the belkin software affect speed?
LAST thing....what other solutions do I have for internet. I cant connect the router through cable cause its very far away from my pc. I dont like wireless I find it really slow. Do I have any other option. If so which? If not how can I boot my wireless?......cheers

domedia
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I would call Belkin. You bought their product and they offer support. They would probably better than anyone be able to troubleshoot their own hardware and software.

davidj
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
not sure what you want here

I cant connect the router through cable cause its very far away from my pc. I dont like wireless I find it really slow. Do I have any other option.

dont know what options are left. You have covered the options available

You say that XP has installed the router and its working
why do you need the bespoke software solution if its working?

78Vette
01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Maybe its not USB 2.0?
If not get a USB 2.0 card

XanXus
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
how is your router connected to your pc??

WallyJ
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
When you say that your cable modem is far away from your pc, then maybe you could run CAT5 cable to it through your walls if necessary (or any other way that will work). It will take some work, but would be well worth it. And CAT5 can go 328 feet without loss of signal.

WallyJ