PDA

View Full Version : What software do I need?

kerryd
01-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Hi
I want to make some of my website designs available for free on my website. Does anyone know what software or script (?) I would need to get and install so I can display a "demo" of the templates? I want the visitor to be able to double click on a thumbnail picture of the template and it will pop open so the person can decide whether or not they want to download the files.

Thank you in advance :)

SubGenius
01-11-2009, 07:14 AM
i am new to making websites, and i like taht you are offering free things, but if you are in a position to offer website templates, shouldnt you KNOW the code it takes... perhaps by looking at other template providers websites?

just a thougt

Corrosive
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi
I want to make some of my website designs available for free on my website. Does anyone know what software or script (?) I would need to get and install so I can display a "demo" of the templates? I want the visitor to be able to double click on a thumbnail picture of the template and it will pop open so the person can decide whether or not they want to download the files.

Why not just have a mock-up of the layout loaded on a page on your site? That way users can view the template by clicking a normal link and then you can zip the files and link to that if they want to download.

Alternatively use thickbox or lightbox to show a screen shot of the site.

Hope this helps

domedia
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi

What about the templates we have here on this site. Do they do somewhat what you're looking for?
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/templates/

kerryd
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I did look at the templates on monstertemplates.com and that's why I'm asking the question.

I have many websites that I've made from dreamweaver and I know those files but I don't know how to take those files and display them in a "demo" format. That's why I'm asking the question. So if you don't know, then you didn't need to reply to my question. Thanks for nothing.

kerryd
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I didn't think of that. Thanks for your help !

Corrosive
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
I did look at the templates on monstertemplates.com and that's why I'm asking the question.

I have many websites that I've made from dreamweaver and I know those files but I don't know how to take those files and display them in a "demo" format. That's why I'm asking the question. So if you don't know, then you didn't need to reply to my question. Thanks for nothing.

Jeezus. Who was this aimed at? We were trying to help.