PDA

View Full Version : Generaldreamweaver question

nick2price
01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi, first time poster and newbie at web design. I just needed some general advise.
I am designing a webpage in dreamweaver. When i go too design view it looks great. But when i load it up in a browser, everything is all over the place. Why might this be happenning?
cheers

edbr
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
not easy to say without more information , code maybe. welcome to the forum

nick2price
01-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Code would be quite difficult to post, as it uses a lot of images. One thing which might make things clearer for me can be seen through this code
<form name="form1" method="get" action="servlet/UserServlet">
<p align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;User Name:
&nbsp;
<input name="userName" type="text" id="userName" size="19">
</p>
<p align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Password:
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input name="passWord" type="text" id="passWord" size="19">
</p>
<p align="center">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="Submit2" value="Login">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </p>
</form></td>

Could a form statement, like the one i have used, change the appearance from design view to the browser? Just want to see if i can rule that out.
thanks

edbr
01-10-2009, 01:59 AM
couldnt say from this , possibly the <p> tags could affect it. as for images it wont affect the code you post

domedia
01-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Code would be quite difficult to post
View Source and copy and paste, or just provide a URL.
Your issue is only related to your code. If we can't see it, it's only going to be guesswork. Pasting a little piece from your HTML is better, but not adequate.