PDA

View Full Version : Grouping of items on site

bakerboi
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Hello,
I am very new at web design and I was wondering if there was a way to create a site that let's say sold books, but sold them in groups like:
buy 3 books for $24.99
buy 5 books for $54.99
buy 7 books for $64.99
and they could chose any books from a list of say 50. how would I control that flow of the site and also how would the checkout process go. Could you point me in the right direction? I'm using DW CS3.
I was thinking of creating buttons that allow the user to only select the number of books they chose on the home page i.e. I want to get the 5 book deal, so I hit the buy 5 books for $54.99 button and now I can review the choices of books. Or is there a way for me to pre-define the selection like you can come to my site and review the items you want and if you add to your cart 5 books, the checkout process and the website will know to charge you $54.99. Just a couple of scenarios to give a little more insight to what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

edbr
01-06-2009, 12:54 AM
yes but it will need (i would suggest) php to give you the bells and whistles you describe.

Corrosive
01-06-2009, 07:12 AM
yes but it will need (i would suggest) php to give you the bells and whistles you describe.

Might be worth you having a look at http://www.romancart.com I was looking at it yesterday and it looks like you can just paste their code into your site and then use their 'payment page' to process the order. Lots of options available as you describe with choices of numbers and prices of items.

bakerboi
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info folks, I'm going to look at both of them for now.