PDA

View Full Version : rounded tables

jason007thomas
01-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm a serious beginner
and I just read the opening thread about the draw backs of using tables but its the only way I know how to design my page exactly how I like it.
The main trouble I'm having is designing the few tables I have with rounded edges.
I have Cs3 master suite so yes I was just told to go in to fireworks or photoshop and design them out of some rounded tool. My problem is that I'm a beginner so I'm not all that savy when it comes to knowing all the applications in CS3 (I wish people would get that!!!)

All I'm asking is how do i make the rounded edges and where in photoshop or fireworks do I go to make these shape.

Please help!!!

Ricky55
01-03-2009, 10:22 PM
There's only one tool to use in Photoshop and thats the rounded rectangle tool, as strange as that may sound.

jason007thomas
01-03-2009, 10:30 PM
What are the steps of doing this cause I'm as new as a fresh pair of air jordans at this (especialy at photoshop.)

Ricky55
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Start a new document in photoshop with a size just a bit bigger than you need at 72 dpi.

Create a new layer in the layers palette and select the rounded rectangle tool, if you want it a specific size drag out some guides to snap to.

With the rectangle tool selected enter the radius you want and ensure that the shape layers button is pressed these are the three icons above the tool bar, its the first one.

Now draw out a rectangle to the size you want snapping to guides if necessary.

Once you have the rectangle you crop to the corners. Then save the bits you want out for the web.

You really need to do some photoshop training though if you don't know how to do stuff like this.

Check out psdtuts or lynda.com.