PDA

View Full Version : Help with Templates

Jeffrey06
01-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I was looking though the "templates" that you download from the site. Now my question is, how can I actually put that into Dreamweaver and design/practice with them.

domedia
01-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Define a site in DW like you would normally do, voila!

Corrosive
01-02-2009, 07:56 AM
I was looking though the "templates" that you download from the site. Now my question is, how can I actually put that into Dreamweaver and design/practice with them.

Have you read this as well?

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-templates.php

Jeffrey06
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Yea. But, I just figured out the one I downloaded from the site doesn't have the .dwt file. How do I use this template with out that?

Corrosive
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Yea. But, I just figured out the one I downloaded from the site doesn't have the .dwt file. How do I use this template with out that?

Add the regions you want to be editable and then save it as a .dwt file in Dreamweaver...then work from that.

Jeffrey06
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I got the templates working but after uploading the site via FTP something doesn't seem to be right. Looks like i'm missing a css file or something.

you can see my problem here: www.spfoftn.com/index.html

Corrosive
01-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I got the templates working but after uploading the site via FTP something doesn't seem to be right. Looks like i'm missing a css file or something.

you can see my problem here: www.spfoftn.com/index.html

You are missing your CSS file. This link file:///C|/Users/Jeffrey/Downloads/architecture/style.css should be pointing at a file on your webspace...but it isn't it's referencing your local C Drive. You must define your site correctly!

Jeffrey06
01-07-2009, 02:57 AM
You are missing your CSS file. This link file:///C|/Users/Jeffrey/Downloads/architecture/style.css should be pointing at a file on your webspace...but it isn't it's referencing your local C Drive. You must define your site correctly!

Thanks.

I had though I defined correctly.

Where do I go to change where the page gets the css style sheet file from? I've tried to manual edit the code but it doesn't seem to be working.

edbr
01-07-2009, 03:31 AM
you can add a ccs sheet in the css/design panel

Corrosive
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks.

I had though I defined correctly.

Where do I go to change where the page gets the css style sheet file from? I've tried to manual edit the code but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not sure I understand why a manual edit of the code isn't working. If you are changing it and then selecting to 'update links' and it is changing your paths again...then you haven't defined your site correctly. One or the other will work :)

Jeffrey06
01-09-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm not sure I understand why a manual edit of the code isn't working. If you are changing it and then selecting to 'update links' and it is changing your paths again...then you haven't defined your site correctly. One or the other will work :)

I got the code finally correct. But my background colors are not showing correctly on the server as it is in DW..

What do you think I'm missing?