PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Ledet Dreamweaver Training Classes.

wmlweb
01-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Sterling Ledet Software trainers are offering 3 Day training class in my area for Dreamweaver CS4 in a few days that I ma considering attending. It is extremely expensive but I will pay if worth it.
Has anyone done a course through them before. Is it worth doing something like this and does it help decrease the learning curve great deal?

I have done course like this for othre things and they have always been below par as usually have local people doing the training and never know who or what quality you will get. Is this the case with Stlering Ledet? I plan to ask this question of them as well tomorrow when they are open.

Thanks for the help!

Ricky55
01-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Never heard of them.

In my experience one to one training is over priced and not often that great.

I would just use one of the online companies, I know a lot of people keep saying it but you can't go wrong with Lynda.com their training is simply superb.

domedia
01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I would maybe do what every else has done. Study yourself. It's free and everything you ever wanted to know is available online :)

hummer2001
01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Couldnt agree more with domedia. Although everyone usually needs to ask a quick question every now and then, the resources online cover everthing you could possibly need. Having the ability to teach yourself is indeed a valuable skill no matter what the industry, and this skill can save you a lot of cash.

edbr
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Is this the case with Stlering Ledet? I plan to ask this question of them as well tomorrow when they are open.
I somehow doubt they will tell you their course is not worth paying for

sjledet
01-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Actually, I'd be the first to say hands-on training classes aren't for everyone. There are much cheaper ways to learn Dreamweaver.

It's always cheaper to take the bus, too.

In general, what I like to say is there is nothing magical about it. You still have to work to learn new software.

Here are some differences:

One hour with a skilled instructor is equal to some multiple of time spent on your own. I tend to say its equal to between two and four hours on your own. I've had clients say its 10x more effective. It's a subjective thing. Each person is different when it comes to self-study.
When you come to a class, you know you will get the job done. Buying a book or DVD, or bookmarking free tutorials, is not the same as actually going through it. When you come to a class, you can be sure you will spend 3 solid days in Dreamweaver with others. It's entertaining, easy and effective. Sure, I'll admit, it's also fairly expensive.To get the most from a classroom experience, I do recommend having objectives. Active participation makes the class go better for everyone.

Thanks for your interest in our classes.

- Sterling Ledet

d a v e
01-16-2009, 03:07 AM
if this is the sterling ledet homepage
http://www. ledet .com/
the i would be wary of paying a lot of money for a company that can't code to standards
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ledet.com%2F
and one that can't decide whether to export a plain box with text in as a gif or a jpeg (when it should of course be a gif)
relatively small things maybe, but all pointers to the quality of what you might expect ;)

it's all very well learning DW but you also need to learn html/css/acessibility/...

edbr
01-16-2009, 08:06 AM
All in all it looks a bit shady to me. to be avoided i would say

Corrosive
01-16-2009, 08:11 AM
All in all it looks a bit shady to me. to be avoided i would say

Thread closed for the reasons that d a v e and edbr have stated...and I agree with.

domedia
01-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Upon reviewing this, opening thread again :-)