PDA

View Full Version : Left side SSI main nav: how to fill in the space directly below the nav

jrlagoni
01-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Greetings again and Happy New Year from "Old Frontpage Man Finally Turning the Right Direction". Thank you everyone for your welcomes, Edbr especially, for already saving my arse. Also, Domed of the Northlands, for this fine site, open communication, and encouragement. I look forward to aiding in SEM articles/content/feedback in any way I can in the future. I will be contributing a "SEO 101: 2009" article in Janurary.

-Yes, it is true. I am an old Frontpage guy who is learning Dreamweaver CS3, XHTML code, and CSS! I once loved and worked on Macs, so please don't think I have always been of such vile ways! It is just that I got lazy about 2000 and decided that WYSIWYG was fine with really good marketing. Actually, I must say learning more code is fun and rewarding.

-My question is: My client has a SSI include left side main nav menu. It is pretty nice looking, but the space below it on any main nav page is totally blank and wasted. How do I utilize this space below the main nav SSI on main nav pages. I can't seem to "see it" or be able to fill it in as part of the body. Or do I have to go into that SSI file and fill it in as a one time item below all main nav menus (this would still be very usuable as the website admin. would just like to utilize that valuable space below the nav as it is now blank and also assymmetrical on the longer pages).

Web page: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

Thanks a lot,
J.R.

coloeagle
01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
If you want the additional content to be the same on each page, yes, you could just include it in the ssi nav.

If you want to have different content on each page you would pace this content just below the ssi call tag on the page.

Cary
01-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Can you post a direct link to the include file so we can see where it begins and ends.