PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi, I am trying to get this to work on this page http://www.loveleather.co.uk/deep-buttoned-leather-headboard.htm and I cannot seem to get it right.

I have uploaded all the .js and .css files and the code seems right in my page...

Any ideas please?

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Ahhh I think I have a conflict with scripts................

domedia
12-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Look at the information on the lightbox homepage about conflict with scripts and the onload attribute in the body tag:
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Yea I was looking at that, but I cannot seem to fix it, can you help?

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I have

<body bgcolor="#F7F7F7" onLoad="goforit()">

I just cannot seem to change it to make a difference!!!!!

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Yea I was looking at that, but I cannot seem to fix it, can you help?

Just looking at your page (and mine) and I seem to have...

<link href="../lightbox/css/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"/>

in mine and you don't. Could be the issue :confused:

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
No thats the link to the CSS, its in my head section

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
No thats the link to the CSS, its in my head section

Ooops...yes, so you have. You've got the whole CSS in your head tags rather than external. Apologies. Your CSS there is missing <!-- and --> at the start and finish though. Any reason why you've not referenced this as a separate sheet?

domedia
12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I have

<body bgcolor="#F7F7F7" onLoad="goforit()">

I just cannot seem to change it to make a difference!!!!!

What did you change it to?
Did you follow the instructions on the page I linked to? (Did you read it?)

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:32 PM
I tried all sorts of combinations, but none worked, Im sorry I cannot remeber exactly.

I have been over it and over it and it will not work, so Im sure its a clash of java.

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Ooops...yes, so you have. You've got the whole CSS in your head tags rather than external. Apologies. Your CSS there is missing <!-- and --> at the start and finish though. Any reason why you've not referenced this as a separate sheet?

I started off with the CSS seperate but was trying different things to see if it made a difference and left it in the head.

I did not think those <!-- --> made a difference?????

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I started off with the CSS seperate but was trying different things to see if it made a difference and left it in the head.

I did not think those <!-- --> made a difference?????

You may well be right! To be honest I am clutching at straws a bit with this one and am just comparing your page where it doesn't work and mine where it does! As far as I can see you've done everything right. Keep on down Domedia's route of checking conflicting scripts.

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:39 PM
I was hoping to get most of the images ready on each product page today and im well behind on this.

Dam it!

Thanks anyway.

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Got it, lol.

I learned today....that I needed some folders called js and css in my root folder, ha ha ha.

Happy, thaks guys.

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I was hoping to get most of the images ready on each product page today and im well behind on this.

Dam it!

Thanks anyway.

We're all intelligent people we must be able to get this working between us :)

This is a page in my site where I have used lightbox...

http://www.corrosiveonline.co.uk/graphic_design_pages/graphic_design_november_2008.htm

I had to add ;initLightbox() to the 'onload' command of my rollover image script for it to work. Have you got an 'onload' anywhere or do you maybe need to add one in?

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Got it, lol.

I learned today....that I needed some folders called js and css in my root folder, ha ha ha.

Happy, thaks guys.

Nice one. Ignore my last post then!

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ltbox/

It was this page that helped, there is a description down the right that explains directories about js and css folders and that just clicked.

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
OK. more help needed.

How do I have say 3-4 images in my lightbox viewer. I do not want the images anywhere on the page, only one button to ENLARGE images.

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
OK. more help needed.

How do I have say 3-4 images in my lightbox viewer. I do not want the images anywhere on the page, only one button to ENLARGE images.

Just have an unordered list or links and make sure that you 'group' the images together so where you have rel=lightbox you need rel=lightbox[group1] and do this with all the images you need to be under 'group1'.

Hope this makes sense. If not, check here...

http://terrymanning.co.uk/

and view source.

LoveLeather
12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Fantastic, thank you.

All sorted. Now I just need to get all the images ready for my other products.

Corrosive
12-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Fantastic, thank you.

All sorted. Now I just need to get all the images ready for my other products.

Good stuff.