PDA

View Full Version : Expression Web Sites' Compatibility with Dreamweaver

ShurGopal
12-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Hello,

I have been using Microsoft Expression Web 2.0 and have created quite a few websites with it. All of them are simple HTML websites. And, in most cases, I have used the templates that were available on Expression Web.

As I have just moved to Mac, I now have Dreamweaver CS3 installed on my new Mac.

Compatibility wise, can I edit the Expression Web created web pages on Dreamweaver? Will I have any technical issues in doing so?

I know that there are a whole lot of Dreamweaver experts like you out there and will truly appreciate if you could share any thoughts, suggestions and experiences with me. It will really go a long way in helping me make the transition from Expression Web 2.0 to Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 smoothly.

I thank you for your time a look forward to hearing from you.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year 2009,
SG

mangofreak
12-29-2008, 04:09 AM
I would imagine that if your sites are html then you should be able to work with no problem. However, Microsoft always includes some code of their own messing any chance of an easy transition.

Why don't you show us some of the code that Microsoft Expression Web 2.0 puts out and we can see if it is a typical microsoft mess or if it is workable.

Cheers,

Javier

domedia
12-29-2008, 06:26 PM
There can be native files used during development similar to DW's .dwt files.