PDA

View Full Version : FTP and domain name question

saintxiao
12-28-2008, 01:26 AM
i use DW complete setup the website, and i still don't know where i can buy the domain name and FTP space . and how to connect domain name to the FTP space. :-D and my website size is 486 KB.

Corrosive
12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
i use DW complete setup the website, and i still don't know where i can buy the domain name and FTP space . and how to connect domain name to the FTP space. :-D and my website size is 486 KB.

You need to buy web space and domain name from a hosting company. They will give you the ftp details you need to upload your website.

domedia
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
godaddy.com
name.com

I use these two.

saintxiao
12-29-2008, 03:26 AM
thanks captain and domedia, i brought the FTP space from go daddy and domain name from exavault, and the go daddy they send me a email told me to setup my hosting account, and i already setup , but i don't know what should i do next :(

saintxiao
12-29-2008, 04:08 AM
when i go to my website www.flchinastar.com (http://www.flchinastar.com)

this message show up

If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information (http://ftphelp.secureserver.net/index.html).

i already setup my hosting account at go daddy, and i have my own FTP space from exavalut , an what should i do NExt ,

mangofreak
12-29-2008, 04:13 AM
I don't know godaddy but I heard of it. Once you get your space with a webhosting company usually that acount comes with web storage space and an FTP account to upload files. You don't need to purchase another FTP acount as you put it from anyone else.

You need some FTP client like Filezilla to upload your website files to godaddy where your site would be showcased.

Hope it helps,

Javier

saintxiao
12-29-2008, 04:19 AM
I don't know godaddy but I heard of it. Once you get your space with a webhosting company usually that acount comes with web storage space and an FTP account to upload files. You don't need to purchase another FTP acount as you put it from anyone else.

You need some FTP client like Filezilla to upload your website files to godaddy where your site would be showcased.

Hope it helps,

Javier

thanks mangofreak ,i just check my domain name go daddy, they want me to setup a hosting account, and i did, when i login in to the account i saw the FTP client, is that mean FTP space is came with this domain name?

Corrosive
12-29-2008, 07:39 AM
thanks mangofreak ,i just check my domain name go daddy, they want me to setup a hosting account, and i did, when i login in to the account i saw the FTP client, is that mean FTP space is came with this domain name?

If you have bought hosting space from go daddy and the domain name you want is pointed at their named servers then you'll just need to set up the ftp details in Dreamweaver and you should be able to upload your site. Defining a site in Dreamweaver is all covered in the manual and the 'help' files.

edbr
12-29-2008, 08:00 AM
you'll just need to set up the ftp details in Dreamweaver
or a third party ftp program like filezilla or cute ftp etc