PDA

View Full Version : First 100% CSS site needs some fine tuning

GCoyne
12-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi There,

This is my first 100% CSS site and I'm mostly OK (I think). However, at the following page <http://thecoynes.com/hdr/boxes.php>, I can't seem to figure out why:

1) it doesn't work in Safari at all, all I can get is the code view, no page. In Opera, & FireFox it seems to work just fine with the exception of...

2) Why the text is leaking out the bottom.

So, if someone could please check this out and tell me the error of my ways I'd be very grateful. Also, please explain in simple English whenever possible, my CSS-ese is still in the learning phase.

For ease of construction I've left the CSS contained on the page, no external CSS yet. Once I finish construction I'll export it.

Thanks for any and all help,

Gary

Ricky55
12-27-2008, 03:49 PM
working fine for me in safari.

Ricky55
12-27-2008, 03:56 PM
add some padding to your <p> tag

#sidebar p {
font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.9em;
padding-bottom: 3em;
}

coloeagle
12-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Also try removing the position:relative from your #sidebar

GCoyne
12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Ricky55, that would have worked but only if there was only one paragraph in the div. As soon as there were more than one, the padding goes below any and all paragraphs which significantly lengthened the space between the two paragraphs.

Coloeagle, that did it. Once I removed the "relative" and left nothing, that fixed the problem. Great catch and thanks ever so much.

All better now and now I can finish this thing. That was the last sicking point (until the next one...)

Best,

GCoyne