PDA

View Full Version : New User Trying to Learn

siena
12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm an old HTML guy that tried FrontPage and other development software and am now using Dreamweaver CS3. I have the Dreamweaver CS3 Missing Manual and I am going through the tutorials. I am learning by redoing our church website (http://members.localnet.com/%7Efinley/). I know it is not too fancy yet but as I learn I hope it will get better. It was my first attempt at creating a banner image by merging 4 images. Anyway, the one thing that is driving me nuts is the space on the to of the banner. I have tried to reduce it but can't seem to get it.

I'm probably looking to deep for the fix, it's most likely a setting I have missed.

Any Ideas ???

Thanks in advance.

domedia
12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Just remove the paragraph tag that is around the top banner.
Paragraphs have default margins. You could remove them with CSS, but the banner is not text so you shouldn't mark it up as a paragraph anyways :)

siena
12-25-2008, 02:28 AM
That was it, I can't believe that was all it was. I was right, I was trying to make more out of it !!

Thanks for the quick reply. Now to get the rest of the links working....

I'm liking Dreamweaver so far.

domedia
12-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Just remember not to hit the Enter key in Design view unless your writing text. This will create paragraph tags all over the place. Try to work in Code View if possible, until you're more familiar with how DW generates it's code.