PDA

View Full Version : login

King Evil
12-21-2008, 02:37 AM
i need help building a simple login page. i viewed the video tutorial on this site, but it doesn't help as i can't copy and paste the code, and it's too small on my screen to make out all of the characters. so far everything i've tried has failed as everyone has a different way of naming files, etc. i don't know php, but i didn't manage to create a database with table.

i need to learn how to build the sign up form, sign in page, connection page, link it to database, etc.

thanks.

King Evil
12-21-2008, 03:41 AM
update: figured out how to create login page, connection page and linked to db.

still need to figure out sign up page.

King Evil
12-21-2008, 04:33 AM
update: uploaded everything to my go daddy hosting account.

when i go to the login page, i get the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start (http://yipsidaho.org/smoking/function.session-start)]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/Connections/connection.php:21) in /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/login.php on line 35

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start (http://yipsidaho.org/smoking/function.session-start)]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/Connections/connection.php:21) in /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/login.php on line 35
then when i try to login, i get these errors:

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/login.php on line 50

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/k/i/n/kingevil/html/yips/smoking/login.php on line 55
Table 'smoking.$usertable' doesn't existhere are the lines the errors are referring to:

login.php on line 35: session_start();login.php on line 50: mysql_select_db($database_connection, $connection);login.php on line 55: $LoginRS = mysql_query($LoginRS__query, $connection) or die(mysql_error());i'm sure this has to do with local vs live. i'm just not sure what to change.

also, when i imported the db into go daddy, they gave me a new 'connections' page to upload. it contained a line and i wasn't sure what to change it to:

$yourfield = 'your_field';

King Evil
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
fixed it. it was go daddy's fault.