PDA

View Full Version : Online Credit Card Payments

mr19th
12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I work for a spa in Atlanta, GA. Presently, we are selling products in our site, but are paying a third party. Since we have the spa here, we have credit card ID's for different cards and take orders over the phone using them.

What I wanted to find out was how to be able to create a box for the viewer to enter in their credit card information and have the processing done automatically threw our account. Then, receive the information on the order and the charge information via e-mail or kept record in a back file.

Am I making this harder than it should be? I just find it foolish when we have our site, have card ID's for the scanners that we use and still pay a third person to do the processing of the orders and payments online. Is it worth it? It might not at the start, but I figured that it will in the future.

Thanx

Corrosive
12-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I work for a spa in Atlanta, GA. Presently, we are selling products in our site, but are paying a third party. Since we have the spa here, we have credit card ID's for different cards and take orders over the phone using them.

What I wanted to find out was how to be able to create a box for the viewer to enter in their credit card information and have the processing done automatically threw our account. Then, receive the information on the order and the charge information via e-mail or kept record in a back file.

Am I making this harder than it should be? I just find it foolish when we have our site, have card ID's for the scanners that we use and still pay a third person to do the processing of the orders and payments online. Is it worth it? It might not at the start, but I figured that it will in the future.

Thanx

Taking online payments can get sticky and nasty if things go wrong. If you want my advice then stick to a third party for processing payments. Have you shopped around for a better deal?

domedia
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
You can have them fill out a form and fill out their CC details and you can use your CC station to manually enter the numbers. Just make sure that the web form you build sends the information to you securely.

If you want it done automatically, you can talk to the bank where you have your current merchant account with. They could advice you on a third party processor that could handle the transactions. If it needs to be done automatically you also need a shopping cart, or at least an order form that is built. It might be that you have to find a freelancer/agency to build that for you.