PDA

View Full Version : placing images

wolfmanbc
12-14-2008, 11:25 PM
i am making a page with 12 images (thumbnails) on it. I set up a table for the images but every time i import an image its bigger than the cell size and resizes my table completely. is there a way to lock my cell and/or table size or make sure that importing an image wont resize the table?

walkamongus
12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
i dont work with tables but cant you just set your cell size to the size of your image? like make sure the image is the proper size for the cell?

p.s. i use divs for images

wolfmanbc
12-15-2008, 04:42 AM
when i import the images, they import at full size. I feel like using divs for images would be complicated.

edbr
12-15-2008, 05:02 AM
divs are easier than tables. but why dot you make thumnails as well as full size images?

Corrosive
12-15-2008, 07:19 AM
when i import the images, they import at full size. I feel like using divs for images would be complicated.

You need to resize your images in an editor like Photoshop. Don't ask HTML to resize images as they generally look terrible.

coloeagle
12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Just some more fyi. Thumbnails being smaller images and smaller in file size allow you to have several on a single page without making the pages file size large.