PDA

View Full Version : Editable Region Conflict

jcrave
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi,
I have images of what I am talking about here:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/191/857495

The Problem:
I created this scrollbar effect for my website: http://fastfood.morheadproductions.com/bios.html
It worked fine until I had to make a change to the template. Since I didn't make any editable region I have to go through and create all the pages again. But when I do the same scrollbar effect with the editable region, the image slices are off. And the slices only go off when I change the Positioning>Overflow>SCROLL in the div tag. Example in image #1. Also, when I create the editable region. I cant write text at the very top of the box. It creates something like a 12 pixel padding at the top of the box ( it is the thickness of the grey line in image #1) . But when I delete this code, TemplateBeginEditable name="Main_Content_Area" ,everything becomes normal. I want to be able to use the editable regions in case I need to change the template. So is there a way around this?

coloeagle
12-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Are you using the correct name. I'm not seeing a Main_Content_Area

I do see a site_layout_content

jcrave
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
<td colspan="8" rowspan="17"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Main_Content_Area" -->
<div id="site_layout_content">
<div id="site_layout_content2">
<table width="573" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td width="567" height="363" valign="top"><div id="test">
<div id="box">

jcrave
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Main_Content_Area" -->
This is the line I take out that brings everything back to normal.

coloeagle
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Been a while since I played with dwt's. In searching through my snippets I found this. Give it a try.
<!-- #BeginEditable "Main_Content_Area" -->

jcrave
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Is there a reason why you don't work with dwt's anymore? Anyways, you made my day. Thank you very much again.

coloeagle
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I use php ssi's for all my common content.

Since I hand-code everything it is easier for me to keep my work more organized. This also allows more freedom with the individual pages.