PDA

View Full Version : How can I fix this??

9supratt4
12-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Check out my website, www.5060productions.com (http://www.5060productions.com). There is an intro animation that pops up on the homepage. It looks perfect when viewed from a MAC, but when you view it from a PC it gets cut off at the bottom because of another box at the bottom.

Same thing happens on the Jersey page when you click on the button to watch the teaser. The right hand corner gets cut off from the other box there, but only on a PC not on a MAC.

I asked my web designer if it can be fixed, but she said she doesn't know of any fixes for it.

Can anyone help?? I can't have people seeing my site and these stupid things happening!!

9supratt4
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Someone please help!! I need to send out a newsletter to my clients and I need this fixed first.

Cary
12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I can only suggest you remove that center logo animation because it's too big. It covers links which are then unclickable in FF.

domedia
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I asked my web designer if it can be fixed, but she said she doesn't know of any fixes for it.
This is normally unacceptable.

walkamongus
12-14-2008, 10:47 PM
the bottom is hanging off on my mac

9supratt4
12-15-2008, 01:55 AM
This is normally unacceptable.

Yeah tell me about it!! She said she has to contact someone to see if there is a fix.

Does anyone know of a fix??

edbr
12-15-2008, 02:49 AM
I think this is a flash issue
<td height="254"><div id="flashFilm">The latest version of Flash Player is required to view this movie.</div><script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[

var so = new SWFObject("topR.swf", "topR", "332", "254", "9", "#666666");
so.write("flashFilm");
// ]]>
</script>
<!-- end flashFilm --></td>
could this be in an absolute positioned division ?

9supratt4
12-15-2008, 05:52 AM
I think this is a flash issue
<td height="254"><div id="flashFilm">The latest version of Flash Player is required to view this movie.</div><script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[

var so = new SWFObject("topR.swf", "topR", "332", "254", "9", "#666666");
so.write("flashFilm");
// ]]>
</script>
<!-- end flashFilm --></td>
could this be in an absolute positioned division ?

The code that is associated with the Jersey video is already in an absolute position:

div id="jerseyintro" style="z-index: 900; height:1px; position: absolute; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 325px">

The code you're referencing above is for the top right Flash movie in the corner. Positioning in 'absolute' has nothing to do with z-index. Absolute positioning is attributed to x and y coordinates (on a flat plane, not a 3D plane) and would not be used in this case because the design is in tables, not XHTML and DIV tags. The problem is that IE does not understand z-index so it's ignoring my style in the floating movie and forcing the other Flash file above it because it's in a table, and not hidden. The code used to create the overlay and popup window within the page seems to be too advanced for IE to understand (because they refuse to update their browser to W3C standards). I'm posting in code forums to find out if there's a workaround for it, but so far it's not easy to get an answer because most coders dislike IE and ignore questions like this. I've even tried contacting IE support for help through the Microsoft site, and they haven't responded either. Seems like they don't know how their own product works.

9supratt4
12-15-2008, 05:57 AM
AGH! It worked! I just uploaded a new file a little while ago after checking into the swfobject coding and figured if I set the Flash file in the upper corner to transparent it might work!

All I did was add the new parameter to the HTML:

so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

AWESOME!!!

Corrosive
12-15-2008, 06:14 AM
AGH! It worked! I just uploaded a new file a little while ago after checking into the swfobject coding and figured if I set the Flash file in the upper corner to transparent it might work!

All I did was add the new parameter to the HTML:

so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

AWESOME!!!

Hmmm. Better go and 'educate' your web designer in the fix for this issue. :wink: