PDA

View Full Version : security cetificate warning on most pages i try and load up

nias6969
12-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I knowthis is a dreamweaver site but you folks seem very together on most things -- so here goes. Been accessing the internet using my old laptop for years but have now set up a new desktop and every time I try to access a website (be it yahoo mail, my hosting company etc) I keep getting a warning of security cetificate has expired !!!!, this is causing me no end of time and trouble (keep having to press access any way option with further warnings---even happening when using outlook express) Tried online forums/contacting microsoft but no help (maybe I am stupid but how do I overcome this)
ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT.
Have a good day and thanks for your time.
Peter

domedia
12-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Peter,
Can you provide us with an example?

Cary
12-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Do you have several different browsers, and are all affected this way, or is it just IE? Not that I would know how to help, but this info may give someone else a clue.

nias6969
12-13-2008, 10:55 AM
An example when using outlook express:
"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
A Required certificate is not with in its validity period when verifiing against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file
Do you want to continue
Yes or No"

A example when using ie to access google webmaster (no probs with accessing google search eninge however)
"There is a problem with this websites security certificate
The security certificate presented by the website has expired or is not valid
We recomend you close this website
Click here to close
Continue to website (not reccomend)"

As to type of browser I use, only ie and I would prefer to always use for various reasons--main one being I have the slowest internet connecction known to man!!! (I live in the campo in Spain and dial up via tracker phone is my only option for now and it would take me forever to download different broswers - how about 25 mins for a 3mb photo!!!!! last week)

Anyway will check back for replies tonight and thanks for your time yet again
Peter

Rob_Che
12-13-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just a security setting in the browser - I had the same thing when I tried browsing with 'Strict' security. never again.

Unsure why Outlook would be affected though ???

nias6969
12-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Rob, but no joy, reset my security to medium (the lowest setting on my options, but still having the same messages (only certain sites-- this one I get straight on to without any bother--but google webmaster, paypal etc always the same messages)
Thanks for your time anyway, no doubt someone on here will know straight away the cure--I hope so because it is starting to drive me f------- crazy
Peter

edbr
12-15-2008, 01:03 AM
obvious but your system clock is correct time i suppose

Rob_Che
12-15-2008, 08:38 AM
obvious but your system clock is correct time i suppose
Check the year too...

nias6969
12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi and sorry for delay in reply (its olive harvest time here and I HAD TO DO SOME HARD WORK FOR ONCE) Anyway sucess , thanks everyone. And yes I do feel stupid, the clock and year had gone haywaire (2004 March) so reset. Cleared all the cookies/temp files. reset security levels to medium etc and it works fine now. Will look into why this happened as it seems CMOS has reverted to default levels as well.
Thanks again everyone
Peter:lol:

Rob_Che
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
the clock and year had gone haywire

Good work EDBR !!