PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS4 installation help

Dreamyon
12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I decided to try the trail version of dreamweaver.

I downloaded it, and it went to the driver i wented it to, I then went to the folder where I dragged it too(The adobe extractor just freezes and says "Program not responding") It took about 30 mins to extract just extensions and payload folder, and not all the files were there. So i drag and dropped all folders and files, and noticed that space was being taken up on my C drive, but all this activity was happening in my D. After extracting I managed to install dreamweaver(only dreamweaver, after that was complete I clicked the shortcut, and tried the .exe, but both came up with an error.
"Could not locate the resources file in the configuartion Folder
Please reinstall...."

I did reinstall and got the same problem.

I serach online support and found I had to download the update, I downloaded update for 8.0.2 and 8.0.1 tried running both on desktop and in Adobe folder and get following message.

" Update patch cannot be installed by the windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version. Verify that to program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct update patch"

I installed DW4 in English(US) for changing it to international gave me a message saying not enough disk space when i had 500mb+ free and the program needed 300mb.

This whole installtion has been a joke.

Please help, this has taken hours of my time, its really frustrating.

Thanks

Mark this message as the answer.

domedia
12-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Free up some more space and try again. If it still doesn't work, I'd contact Adobe Support and get some help.

Dreamyon
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I tried that, got a GB worth of memory, still same message(s).

I cant contact adobe, number is US(cost me a fortune) Email i need a serial number, but Im using the trail(if i can).