PDA

View Full Version : Firefox doesn't display correctly

Diana
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I am very much an amateur at this, I don't know code very well at all, and Dreamweaver has been a dream so to speak. Anyway, I created this web site, and it looks just how I want it to in IE7. When tested in Firefox 3.0.4 my navigation list on the left does't show properly. This is a table with the left navigation and then the page content. None of the decorative lines show up either. I would really appreciate your help in a clear fix for this problem. Thanks!
http://www.jcis.net/~ditzi/work/tax/blue/color/index.html

Ricky55
12-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Its also very badly broken in Safari.

This site is so simple, learn CSS and do things properly.

coloeagle
12-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Looking over the code and the style sheet, there are numerous errors in both the html and the CSS. Would take a rather long post to list them all. Getting these corrected will improve how your site will look in different browsers.

The CSS looks like it has had some manual changes made to what DW would normally place automatically. Have you made manual changes to it?

As Ricky said, this is really a simple layout and since you are just starting I would suggest you learn properly by using divs for your layout and not tables.

Cary
12-10-2008, 05:15 AM
This will get you closer, but you still have lots of errors in the html.

/*navigation*/
.navigation {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
background-color: #064c8e;
display: block;
line-height: 16px;
text-align: center;
outline-color: #FFFFFF;
color: white;
margin: 0;
border-bottom: solid white 1px;
padding: 12pt;
}

Diana
12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Cary! Your code for the navigation fixed it for firefox. I have been trying to work with CSS and yes I changed it manually. I have some great books from sitepoint, and will check here for some tutorials, so that I may produce better work. Thanks everyone!

domedia
12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I have been trying to work with CSS and yes I changed it manually. This is a good thing :) Getting your hands dirty is the quickest way of learning IMHO.

Corrosive
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
This is a good thing :) Getting your hands dirty is the quickest way of learning IMHO.

I agree, wise words Dom.