PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS4 Crashes when executed

Iconoclast
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi guys, I just picked up Adobe CS4 Master Collection the other day, and I just got around to installing it this morning. I only bothered to install a few programs, as I really only use Flash, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver. I've tried out and used both Flash and Photoshop, and they seem to be working quite fine. I went to try Dreamweaver and when I run it, it displays the splash screen that says "Adobe Dreamweaver" along with the version and credits, but then it's like the application crashes and it doesn't open...and I run it again, and it does the same thing, never opens. Does anyone know what is causing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

ALSO: This happened to me with Dreamweaver CS3 as well, I had the Master Collection and both Flash and Photoshop CS3 worked perfectly fine, but Dreamweaver seemed to crash every time I tried to load it.

Please help! :(

Chapo
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Usually when this crash happens is when your computer doesn't have enough requirments to run the programs, it could be more need of ram, memory and things like that.

Iconoclast
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't think it's RAM, I'm running 4GB.

Iconoclast
12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Figured it out...apparently it's a known issue with Dreamweaver and some Acer machines. Adobe released a patch for it in case anyone else runs into this problem: http://www.egistec.com/oem-acer001/program-update.html

Rob_Che
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Figured it out...apparently it's a known issue with Dreamweaver and some Acer machines. Adobe released a patch for it in case anyone else runs into this problem: http://www.egistec.com/oem-acer001/program-update.html
Cheers for that, might come in handy for somebody.

domedia
12-07-2008, 01:22 AM

Important to know:
This is not a patch from Adobe. It's a patch from and for the software "Acer eDataSecurity".

Jenniec
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I too am having crashing issues doing random actions - now I can't even get it to start. it immediately crashes

MAC OX10.5.6 MacBookPro DW CS4

domedia
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Jenniec, start a separate thread with detailed info. Maybe someone has experienced the same as you.

sikdave
09-14-2009, 07:20 AM
This has been a bug for about 3 years (in all past releases in this time).

All you need to do is rename the Configuration folder to something else and restart DW. It'll rebuild the Configuration folder on restart and away you go.

Obviously if it all goes to hell revert the renamed folder back to "Configuration" and restart DW.

Works every time for me.

Find the Configuration folder on PC's
Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows Vista:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4
Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US[or similar]Find the Configuration folder for Mac;
Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4

Cheers!

Dave

sikdave
09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
If you're still having trouble (on a MAC) head here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401096.html. Might also give PC users some ideas, but I'm sure you can find a related PC knowledge base article there.

Cheers!

Dave

domedia
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info Dave!

sikdave
09-15-2009, 12:42 AM
No probs, hopefully it gets someone out of a jam in future.

lo13
10-12-2009, 01:18 AM

All you need to do is rename the Configuration folder to something else and restart DW. It'll rebuild the Configuration folder on restart and away you go.

Obviously if it all goes to hell revert the renamed folder back to "Configuration" and restart DW.

Works every time for me.

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US[or similar]Find the Configuration folder for Mac;

Cheers!

Dave
Dave,

Just a line to tell you that after days of great frustration, I googled and found your comment, which I tried and IT WORKED !!

I really appreciate this, thank you !!

lo13

DWcourse
10-12-2009, 01:48 AM
This "trick" apparently works for a number of Adobe Creative Suite programs. I recently used it to fix a problem where Photoshop crashed every time I tried to quit it.

sikdave
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Awesome - I'm stoked that it helped, thanks for letting me know!

lo13
10-12-2009, 02:33 AM
SINCERELY, Thks!!

darkheart
01-25-2010, 09:41 PM

Works every time for me.

Cheers!

Dave

Dude great advice! Worked like a charm!