PDA

View Full Version : Color hyperlinks

Maria22
12-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Could someone please help me? I followed the book on how to color a hyperlink a different color, but when I upload to the net its keeps coming out gray,when I looked at it in the browers it was a different color.
Can anyone help me as to what Im doing wrong, and walk me thur the steps:confused:

coloeagle
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Is gray the color you set to identify a visited link?

Chapo
12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
It will be better if you put the Address or link to the site, so it will be easier to know the problem. I think that you are looking for a rollover effect, when the mouse passes over the link it should change color, if thats the case its very simple. You just have two diferent links made in photoshop or some other editing program, each link has a different color. And you change the colors whith the rollover Button in Dreamweaver.

Maria22
12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Thank you, but I dont want a rollover affect, and no I dont want it gray either. Im working in a website that someone else created, the code is all screwy and Im a basic beginner here. so I really dont know the code other then what I have picked up on my own. what I want is the hyperlink to be purple. I dont care what color it turns once you click on it, but It must be purple when you look at the page. For some strange reason one of the links worked and turned purple and the rest are gray and I cant figure out why, like I said its there in the dream weaver broswer, but when I upload to the net one one link is purple and the rest are gray.
http://www.geosafeplay.com/whygeo.htm
this is the link
Thanks for your help

d a v e
12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
It will be better if you put the Address or link to the site, so it will be easier to know the problem. I think that you are looking for a rollover effect, when the mouse passes over the link it should change color, if thats the case its very simple. You just have two diferent links made in photoshop or some other editing program, each link has a different color. And you change the colors whith the rollover Button in Dreamweaver.

Chapo: no - why would you do it this way?!!

just use css to define the link colours

Maria 22: post a link to the site

coloeagle
12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
In your style sheet you have styling for a:visited to be a gray color. If you don't want the links to change color after a page has been visited. Do one of two things.
1. Remove the visited styling from the style sheet.
2. Change the visited style color to the same as your link color.

Maria22
12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Chapo: no - why would you do it this way?!!

just use css to define the link colours

Maria 22: post a link to the site

Yes someone else mention CSS , like I said , Im new at this, so Im kinda having a hard time, Ive only been working with dream weaver a few months,
but thank you I will look into the css and try to figure it out from there.

Thanks again

Chapo
12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Dave.... i just thought she maybe doesn't know about CSS
but yeah.... its the easiest and cheesiest way to do it