PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS2 Mac - will not launch / bad FTP information

tonymouse9
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
greetings, all!

I have DW CS2 for Mac and it had been functioning perfectly for 2+ years. Now when I try to launch it tries to link with a stored FTP account and, when it cannot, it sends an error message and then says failed to open blank documents" and quits. I cannot figure out how to remove the dodgy FTP account without starting up the program (which won't start up because of the dodgy FTP, etc., etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DW CS-2, Max OS-X 10.4.11

phantom freak
12-03-2008, 11:49 PM
I can tell you how to fix it but your not gonna like it.

I ran into this some years back and called dreamweaver support. We trouble shooted the damn this for almost 2 hours and finally fixed it. It is a bug in DW CS2 that causes this. I to uninstall dreamweaver and reinstall it. Then it worked fine. But you need to delete with appdelete not the trash bin as that doesn't do a full delete. It really sucks but that was the only way to fix it back then. I don't know if anyone has any other information.

Heres the link to app delete: http://appdelete.en.softonic.com/mac

tonymouse9
12-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, guess what? In anticipation I got my install disks out and am ready to do just that. Sure, it sucks but I can enjoy a nice beverage whilst dealing with it. Thanks for the info, at least I'm not on deadline!