PDA

View Full Version : can php script stop image thief?

nanny
12-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi am not wanting to use javascript but wanting to prevent users right clicking and saving my images. I came accross a script but is only useful for image source not for images in css
Maybe this is not available
I am also wanting to protect my css sheets as well but haven't come across any solutions.
Anybody out there heard of any? Or any ideas?
Thanks for your time....

edbr
12-03-2008, 03:11 AM
cant be done

cocoonfx
12-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Place a water mark in the background like istockphoto do. Thats the only way of doing it.

domedia
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
If people want to use your images, they won't right click.. they'll just copy your website/image folder.

Rob_Che
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I just screen grab if I can't right click.

domedia
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I just disable javascript in my browser...

hummer2001
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
One way ive come across of avoiding this is to make the background of a table cell the image and then place a picture over it which is a transparent gif. When the user tries to rightclick and save the file they will get the gif and not your image (you could also make the name of the gif 'your ip has been logged for copyright violations' or something like that to scare them !!!. Ofc this wont work against printscreens, but only techys know about printscreen really, this will stop a good percentage of your average joes from stealing your images.