PDA

View Full Version : An FTP error occurred

pro11
12-02-2008, 11:17 PM
For some weird reason O just cant upload my page to my server. I made a simple page on dreamweaver and when I try to put all my files online this is the error log message I get:

Started: 12/2/2008 5:10 PM

index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
index.html

Finished: 12/2/2008 5:11 PM

Anybody has an idea of what can be causing this? thanks in advance

edbr
12-03-2008, 02:11 AM
how are you trying to upload i always advise using a ftp program . i use fillezilla there are lots of others.
from the warning it is sying you do not have acces , check your password and username. as to permissions in a folder this is also easier to see in a ftp program

domedia
12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Tip: If you had called this thread something else than "PLZ HELp!!!! " it would be easier for people to drop in here and give advice..

Changed thread title and moved to FTP forum.

pro11
12-03-2008, 09:18 PM
how are you trying to upload i always advise using a ftp program . i use fillezilla there are lots of others.
from the warning it is sying you do not have acces , check your password and username. as to permissions in a folder this is also easier to see in a ftp program

I dont know what happened but I no longer get the error log. I can now preview it on IE. but I still get this error when I try to visit my page

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_vhs/1.0.30 Server at www.pro11.ws Port 80

pro11
12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Tip: If you had called this thread something else than "PLZ HELp!!!! " it would be easier for people to drop in here and give advice..

Changed thread title and moved to FTP forum.

I will take that into consideration for next time. Thank you for changing it and moving the thread!!!!

domedia
12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
pro11, if you can give us a link, we might be able to see your problem and help.. :)

pro11
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
pro11, if you can give us a link, we might be able to see your problem and help.. :)

thank you very much but I finally got it going, I was pulling it from the wrong folder on my driver. I got it going thanks alot.