PDA

View Full Version : Spry menu problem visited state

bigsor
12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi All

Iím a bit new to all this, so please be patent with my lack of knowledge to the correct terminology.

My problem is:

I am using a horizontal spry menu at the top of the page. This uses a different text style and design to the standard body link settings.

All works well on the Mac, but on the PC in Explorer once visited the spy menu default style is that of the body link visited style and I canít work out how to fix it. Can anybody help please.

Cheers

bigsor
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry forgot the link to the site http://www.heavenlyplanet.com

bigsor
12-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry forgot the link to the site http://www.heavenlyplanet.com

bigsor
12-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry multiple post please delete

domedia
12-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Please use the 'edit' link on your post next time ;) You'll have 30 minutes to edit a post so to make 3 posts in a minute is a little overkill.

bigsor
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm very sorry! - My first post was at 11.14am, then over 2 hours later - (I couldn't edit) at 01.45pm I made my second post. It came back with an error and I mistakenly posted the same message twice. I didn't know how to delete it, so posted a 3rd message stating I had made a "multiple post" and asked for it to be deleted.

I'm surprised, as administrator you didn't notice this and that you didn't try to help or make me feel a little more welcome?

Thank you anyway - Regards

domedia
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm surprised, as administrator you didn't notice this and that you didn't try to help or make me feel a little more welcome? I did notice, and and I made a friendly suggestion on how to deal with it in the future, see the smiley in my post above? 8)

Welcome to the forums!

edbr
12-03-2008, 01:15 AM
welcome to the forum, as for your question spry comes with css so you can change link settings in a :visited in that page

bigsor
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks but the problem is still there

I;m running two css files one for the page layout and general text styling in that I have all links set to verdana, Helvetica and different colours for the :a :hover :visited

I then have the spry css I have the font set to Helvetica and different colours for the :a :hover there is no option within the spry css to set the :visited state therefore once you have selected one of the links it reverts to the visited state set by the page layout .css

I’ve tried changing the font settings to all options, but still the page :visited state overrides?

Cheers

Nigel

domedia
12-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Just add a line for a:visited

bigsor
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks, but I've tried that and it kills the rollover state when visited? I do appreciate your help, but this is so difficult to explain clearlyÖIíll try

Settings at the moment are:
Body text links
Verdana 12pt reg
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = same red as link

Botom nav bar
Verdana 10pt bold
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = not set

Spry top nav bar (Itís a spy because later it will have drop-down menu choice)
The background graphic colour is the red.
Helvetica 13pt bold
link = cream
Hover = orange
Visited = option does not exist as DW standard. If I create my own it stops the rollover state working once visited.?

So the problem is the top nave bar take on the body visited colour once visited and because itís red disappears on the background. If the body visited isnít set to a colour then the top nav visited state is OK, but the body visited state takes on the browser default colour which is yuck.

Ideally I would like the following:

Body
Verdana 12pt reg
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = red

Botom nav bar
Verdana 10pt bold
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = red

Helvetica 13 bold
link = cream
Hover = orange
Visited = cream

If any of this makes sense and you can help great..It's driving me mad!

Cheers

Nigel

www.heavenlyplanet.com

domedia
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks, but I've tried that and it kills the rollover state when visited?
Can't really answer that, but is definately sounds like you're not coding it right.. remember to keep the pseudo states in the rigyht order: link, visited, hover, active.

I do appreciate your help, but this is so difficult to explain clearlyÖIíll try

Settings at the moment are:
Body text links
Verdana 12pt reg
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = same red as link

Botom nav bar
Verdana 10pt bold
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = not set

Spry top nav bar (Itís a spy because later it will have drop-down menu choice)
The background graphic colour is the red.
Helvetica 13pt bold
link = cream
Hover = orange
Visited = option does not exist as DW standard. If I create my own it stops the rollover state working once visited.?

So the problem is the top nave bar take on the body visited colour once visited and because itís red disappears on the background. If the body visited isnít set to a colour then the top nav visited state is OK, but the body visited state takes on the browser default colour which is yuck.

Ideally I would like the following:

Body
Verdana 12pt reg
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = red

Botom nav bar
Verdana 10pt bold
link = red
Hover = orange
Visited = red

Helvetica 13 bold
link = cream
Hover = orange
Visited = cream

If any of this makes sense and you can help great..It's driving me mad!

Cheers

Nigel

www.heavenlyplanet.com

I don't think anyone is going to try to make sense of the above.. we look at code ;)
Where exactly on your site is the problem and we can just follow the link and investigate 8)

bigsor
12-04-2008, 08:55 AM
The simple problem is now fixed, or at least a workaround was found.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/191/857371

Thanks anyway?