PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menu is not visible over Flash banner

neovamsi@yahoo.com
11-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi ,

I have created a Drop down menu list using Java, and i placed the flash animation as banner bottom of menu.

But when i look it in any browser the drop down menu is not appearing over flash, the drop down list is going at the backside of the flash banner

Please tell me how to get the drop down list is visible over the flash banner at the same time i need to play the flash at the bottom of the
drop down menu.

Can any one please tell me ,,,,, Please i need your help

Thanks
Vamsi

Rob_Che
11-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Browsers tend to place plugins etc above other content...

Take a look here :
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15523&sliceId=2

Rob

domedia
11-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Are you sure it's Java? Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
Please provide a URL so we know what you are talking about. :)

Rob_Che
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Java / Javascript - potato potarto :shock:

domedia
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
They are complete different languages. Not even related to each other :)
(Syntax is a bit similar maybe)

neovamsi@yahoo.com
12-01-2008, 04:00 AM
am trying to create a javascript menu at the top of a new webpage with a flash movie placed directly below. The menu has various levels of drop down sections. This works fine on its own. The flash movie also works fine on its own. However when I combine the two on one page with the menu in place at the top then the flash movie in place in a table directly below, the drop downs sections directly in line with the flash movie do not appear. Its as if they are a layer bleow the flash movie. (There is one section where the flash movie only covers half of a drop down menu) I have seen this combination working on other sites. Is there something that I am not doing correctly?

edbr
12-01-2008, 04:57 AM

Rob_Che
12-01-2008, 08:02 AM
They are complete different languages. Not even related to each other :)

Yeah I realise, that's why the shocked look :wink:

domedia
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
am trying to create a javascript menu at the top of a new webpage with a flash movie placed directly below. The menu has various levels of drop down sections. This works fine on its own. The flash movie also works fine on its own. However when I combine the two on one page with the menu in place at the top then the flash movie in place in a table directly below, the drop downs sections directly in line with the flash movie do not appear. Its as if they are a layer bleow the flash movie. (There is one section where the flash movie only covers half of a drop down menu) I have seen this combination working on other sites. Is there something that I am not doing correctly?

In your embed code for the flash movie, set wmode to 'transparent'