PDA

View Full Version : Page looks great on my computer but crazy on moms

bucsfootball
11-27-2008, 08:26 PM
I created a site with DW8 and it looks great on my computer. I know it might look different on some computers if they have a different screen size etc... However, my moms screen in smaller than mine and my banner is way to left with alot of space on the right. Also, the words in my tables are running off and out of my layer/table. I've never seen that before. I'm still working on it but here's the link to the page.

Any help would be wonderful.

edbr
11-28-2008, 12:34 AM
I took out the link as it is redirecting to a page selling hosting .

bucsfootball
11-28-2008, 06:50 PM
OK, so please advice me how I can show my page. I use that hosting site for all my web designs until finished. Please advise on how I can show people on the tread what I mean. I know it help to see the page in question.

Any suggestions would be wonderful because I need some help!

bucsfootball
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
BTW-You can't buy anything on my page b/c number it's not done and number 2 it's just some silly car shop, not a web hosting site. So please help me, I do need some help correcting my problem.

bucsfootball
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
There is also no redirecting. IT goes right to my test sites maybe I enterd the wrong addy here is the correct page I need help with michellesweb.100mb.com Please, anybody? On big screens it looks great on smaller ones it looks rather ridiculous.....

edbr
11-29-2008, 12:48 AM
yes i think you did as it was displaying a custom 404 page or no such page at this server. I was pretty sure youhad simply added the wrong url but edited it as the 404 was an add for hosting. Not meant personnally , there is no problem with adding links to your work what so ever. please post the correct link

bucsfootball
11-29-2008, 12:55 AM
OK, sorry about that..... here is what looks weird

michellesweb.110mb.com

On bigger screens it looks good but smaller ones (my moms) my words are running out of the table and after the banner is a huge black space (background). I do understand that with fixed sites it tends to look different but should the text run out of the table like that? And if her screen is smaller than mine why so much blank space after the banner?

Thanks!

bucsfootball
11-29-2008, 12:57 AM
ooops..... michellesweb.110mb.com/services.html

Cary
11-29-2008, 12:58 AM
I was able to look at the page before by adding ".html" to the end of the url, but I didn't see any differences between browsers other than the lack of png support in IE6.

It could be that the layout doesn't correctly allow for font sizes to be overridden, and your mom has her browser set to use larger text.

bucsfootball
11-29-2008, 12:59 AM
did it look normal to you??

edbr
11-29-2008, 01:07 AM
i changed my screen def to different setting from 800 up didnt see any problem ( using ff3)

Cary
11-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I can't see anything strange involving the banner and black space.

bucsfootball
11-29-2008, 03:26 AM
OK, good. I was in shock when I checked it out on my moms comp! lol It looked really really ridiculous!

Thank you guys for taking the time with me.

domedia
11-29-2008, 04:33 PM
OK, good. I was in shock when I checked it out on my moms comp! lol It looked really really ridiculous!

Thank you guys for taking the time with me.

If you see a weird rendering of your webpage and want help in finding out why, there's a few bits of information you have to include for anyone to debug it.

OS
Browser
Browser Version
Screen Res
++

Unless you do this, all people can do is check it on their configurations, which might not be what your Mom has at all, and you have not found out anything really :)